02 May Recipe of the Week – Sliced Asian Beef Salad
Serving x 4
- 2 garlic cloves
- 15 – 20 g fresh root ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm), to taste
- 60 g honey
- 60 g brown rice vinegar
- 50 g sesame oil
- 20 g vegetable oil
- 20 g soy sauce
- 1 pinch dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 250 g red cabbage, cut in pieces
- 120 g kale, tough stems removed
- 1 carrot (approx. 120 g), cut in pieces (3 cm)
- 1 red pepper (approx. 130 g), quartered
- 1 yellow pepper (approx. 130 g), quartered
- 3 spring onions (approx. 30 g), cut in pieces (3 cm)
- 20 g fresh coriander leaves, plus extra for garnishing
- 150 g edamame beans
- 100 g roasted peanuts, unsalted
- 30 g sesame seeds
- 500g Beef Filet
- Lime zest
- 1 Tbls dried Chillie
Marinade your beef with Lime zest and dried chillie while making your asian slaw.
Place garlic and ginger in food processor until finely chopped.
Add honey, vinegar, sesame oil, vegetable oil, soy sauce and chilli flakes (if using) then mix into Garlic. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Place cabbage in processor and chop into small pieces. Transfer to a large salad bowl and set aside.
Place half of kale in processor and chop until shredded, transfer to bowl with cabbage. Repeat process with other half of Kale
Place carrot, red pepper, yellow pepper, spring onions and coriander in processor and chop until all vegetables are in small pieces.
Add edamame beans, peanuts and sesame seeds then transfer to bowl with cabbage and kale.
Meanwhile, cut your beef into strips and fry over a high heat for 30secs on each side.
Add reserved dressing to bowl with chopped vegetables and beef then stir with spatula to combine.
Garnish with extra coriander then serve immediately.
This recipe is so quick and easy. Eating raw is so healthy and with the added beef you can ensure you will be full for hours! Enjoy.
Love Georgie xx